7.21.2015

When Other Characters Win the Battle...


You know, it's funny how sometimes you think you have a good handle on your characters, and all of a sudden, the characters from the book you're not supposed to write just yet intrude on your time with the characters you're writing the story of right now.

That's exactly what happened to me.

It's a battle I often have to fight and this time around...I'm not the winner!

The characters from the second book in my rockstar romance series won. I'm now writing Maxen and it's flowing a lot more than I ever thought possible.

I wasn't supposed to write Maxen before September, but it doesn't mess up with my publishing schedule. Good thing or else I'd be slapping myself after making a huge fuss of finally having a real publishing schedule set up until July 2016.

I'm usually very set on finishing the book I've started writing, but I think this time around it's a good thing I'm not being stubborn and I listen to Maxen's rough voice asking for me to write his story. What can I say, I can't resist these rockers. ;)

What does that mean?

Basically it doesn't change a thing for you and the books I've scheduled the release of. The only thing that changes is my writing schedule and while it bothers me a bit to leave these other characters for Maxen and his lady friend, I know I'll get back to them with a renewed enthusiasm which I think is imperative.

Sometimes it's important to fight back when other characters want their story written, but it's equally important to know when to bow and follow their lead.

This time around, Maxen is the winner, but in the grand picture I think I'm the winner considering I'm still writing my ass off. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment