1.28.2015

How I'm dealing with a difficult novel to edit & revise...





Hi!

So in the spirit of trying to do things right, I'm taking up my blog more seriously. At least, that's the plan. We'll see how long it lasts. ;)

Today I'm going to talk about something random I've witnessed yesterday...

I'm currently working on two books. One is written and my beta reader started reading it and I'm trying to edit/revise/rewrite it. The other one is a work in progress, meaning that I'm still writing the first draft. I already have over 45k words under my belt, almost as many to go. *takes a deep breath*

The thing is, I'm not exactly used to work on two different books at the same time. It's a little difficult to handle, but also exciting after spending weeks, months even, without working on anything.

But you see, the book I'm trying to edit is quite a beast. It's long, it's not as good as I hoped and it's not behaving like I'd like. I'm sure you can guess how it makes me feel. Other than annoyance at myself and a growing panic, I'm also very frustrated.

That's how I discovered that I'm dealing with that frustration by writing a way sexier book than I had anticipated. Yes, the first draft of that other book I'm working on is getting very sexy.

*fans oneself and sighs*

Now, that Adult Contemporary Romance novel is bordering on Erotica and it's quite a surprise. Though, the story, the plot and characterization are the same as I had planned, it's still a surprise to have these sexy scenes turning this book from nice and sexy to sizzling and naughty. ;)

What do you think? Is it that bad?

Title of the book I'm currently writing: We Shouldn't And Yet...
Title of the book I'm currently editing: Six Years (temporary title)

No comments:

Post a Comment